Pilar Ortega - Student Spotlight
1. When did you join the gym?
I joined the gym in late November early December
2. What got you interested in boxing and what keeps you coming back?
I've always been interested in boxing, but I couldn't get the courage to ask my mom, who still gets nervous when I tell her I want to continue. I love the adrenaline that it gives me, and I love to learn all the new things and see my improvement throughout the weeks.
3. What's your favorite punch?
My favorite punch is the [Left] hook
4. Which exercise makes you give Coach the stink eye?
The exercise that makes me give the coach the stink eye is running for warm ups
5. What are a few of your hobbies?
Some hobbies that I have are drawing and skateboarding
6. What's one thing that people might be surprised to know about you?
I tore my right hamstring when I was 12 to a grade 2 tear. Including I have done 5-6 different sports growing up