Mike Carpenter - Student Spotlight
1. When did you join the gym?
January 2019 but I wish I had done it sooner.
2. What got you interested in boxing and what keeps you coming back?
I’ve always enjoyed contact sports and after rehabbing a knee injury I decided to give boxing a try. The biggest thing that keeps me coming back is twofold: first and foremost, the incredible community and the fact that, after most workouts, I can barely make it out of the gym.
3. What's your favorite punch?
Anything I can land.
4. Which exercise makes you give Coach the stink eye?
All of them.
5. What are a few of your hobbies?
Horror movies, hockey, football, and hanging with my dog Poe.
6. What's one thing that people might be surprised to know about you?
My freshmen year of high school I was 4’9 90lb.