Kerry Gallo - Student Spotlight
Updated: Oct 10, 2019
1. When did you join the gym?
June 2018–the same week I moved to White Center.
2. What got you interested in boxing and what keeps you coming back?
Boxing challenges me to overcome fear and self-doubt, especially sparring. And it's less intimidating than partner dancing!
3. What's your favorite punch? [Right] hook to the body!
4. Which exercise makes you give Coach the stink eye? Barrel rolls. I end up bruised all over!
5. What are a few of your hobbies?
Gardening, hiking, camping...and watching archaeology and true crime videos on YouTube.
6. What's one thing that people might be surprised to know about you?
I've worked for programs to fight neglected tropical diseases, and I can talk a LOT about intestinal parasites.